Wine tour 3 Days / 2 nights
Wine tour 3 Days/ 2 nights
Price ~ 299 USD
Information about the tour
- Arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Yerevan, accommodation and a little rest.
- Bus tour in Yerevan with stops near statue of David of Sassoun and Mother Armenia statue at Victory park with an incredible overview of a city. The Cascade complex, Cafesjian Center for the Arts, Opera house. In 2015 Yerevan celebrated its 2797-th year. Yerevan was named the 2012 World Book Capital by UNESCO. Walking in the evening around Yerevan.
- After that we continue our wine tour in Armenia and visit Yerevan Brandy (cognac) Factory, where we will taste 3 types of brandies -«"Akhtamar",», «"Nairi"» and «"Dvin"».
- Dinner at a restaurant with tasting of national dishes.
- Night in Yerevan.
- Breakfast in hotel
- This day trip begins with a visit to the monastery of Khor Virap - one of the symbols of Armenia. The Monastery is a fortress located just 40 kilometers far from Yerevan, and less than a kilometer from the republic's border with Turkey. Khor Virap is a place of pilgrimage, which is associated with the legend of Gregory the Illuminator (Grigor the Illuminator). According to church tradition, Gregory was imprisoned on the order of King Trdat III for preaching Christianity, and spent there 13 years. Those interested can go down to the prison, which has a depth of 6 m and a diameter of 4.4 m.
- Right in front of you, very, very close and in all its beauty you will see the symbol of Armenia - Mount Ararat.
- Then we continue our way to the village of Areni in Vayots Dzor region of Armenia.
- We visit the "Cave of the birds", where the oldest winery in the world and the world's oldest shoe, which was more than 5500 years old, were found.
- Village of Areni is famous for its wines till now. Every year in October the annual festival of wines takes place there.
- Lunch at a restaurant with tasting of national dishes.After lunch, we will visit "Areni" wine factory and taste Armenian wine in the tasting room of the factory. The wines of this producer differ in their unique tastes. The bouquet of the fragrance is revealed gradually leaving a pleasant aftertaste.
- Next, we go to Noravank monastery complex, built in XIII-XIV centuries, which is located 1.5 kilometers east of the village of Areni. The complex is located on a narrow ledge winding gorge tributary of the Arpa River. The gorge is famous for its steep red cliffs, towering behind the monastery.
- Back to Yerevan.
- After breakfast, we visit the center of Yerevan – the Republic Square. Here is the country's main museum - the Museum of History of Armenia. The museum has collected about 400,000 exhibits. The museum exposition is divided into several departments: archaeological, ethnographic, numismatic department, historic architecture department, and the Department of Modern and Contemporary history of Armenia.
- Afterwards we visit Yerevan Brandy-Wine-Vodka Factory "Noah". After the factory tour, we taste various types of brandy and wine.
- Lunch at a restaurant with tasting of national dishes.
- Next we visit the St. Echmiadzin - the center of the Armenian Gregorian Church, where the residence of the Catholicos is located. We will visit Echmiadzin Cathedral (301-483 AD), which is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list, the museum and the treasury of Echmiadzin, which houses the Spear of Longinus (Spear of Destiny, Spear of Christ), a part of Noah's Ark, the patella John Baptist,etc.
- We visit the ruins of Zvartnots temple, which was destroyed in the earthquake. In 2000, the ruins of the temple and the archaeological area around it are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Transfer to the airport.
The Price depends on the quantity of participants
The Price include:
- ✔ 3* Hotel Accommodation (DBL/TWN/TPL)
- ✔ Transfer (from/to Airport)
- ✔ Transportation
- ✔ Breakfast
- ✔ Lunch
- ✔ Professional guide service
- ✔ Entrance fees
- ✔ 0.5 l water and sweets per person every day
- ✔ Master-classes and tasting
- ✔ Transportation to Armenia (flight/bus)
- ✔ Insurance
- ✔ Alcoholic drinks
For more information you can call
+374 91 711 555
+374 41 711 555
+374 43 711 555
+374(77) 550 070